Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Citar: Celebrating One Year


"I have found the one whom my soul loves." Song of Solomon 3:4



   Our first year anniversary happened to fall on a Monday this year. So we decided to celebrate the Friday before. But before I talk about our night let me give you a little bit of back story of events that took place. Tim's parents were nice enough to keep our cake topper in their freezer and then ship it down to us. We thought it would be ok, apparently Fed Ex ships items like that all the time. They put dry ice in there to keep it cold. The wed. before our celebration our cake arrived. We opened it to find the cake almost completely destroyed. All of the icing had fallen off, and some of the actual cake had come apart as well. As you can imagine I was quite upset, and many tears fell.
So, what did my knight in shining armor do? He printed out a picture of the cake from our wedding and ran around trying to find someone to make a replica, with success! Of course I still wished our actual cake wasn't ruined but I appreciated it and I was happy to have something nice for our celebration. We decided to use our new cake for the night we went out, and still enjoy some of our old cake for our actual anniversary.
 We decided to spend a night in downtown Atlanta, and just go to a nice dinner. We didn't want to spend a lot of money but wanted to do something nice. Tim had enough points that we could get a nice room for FREE at the Hyatt so that's what we did. I loved our view! For dinner we went to a place called Peasant Bistro. We were both able to have our favorite dishes, mine was lamb and his was duck. Sadly, I forgot to have a picture taken of us at dinner but that's ok, I will always remember it.


  After dinner we went back to our hotel room to enjoy our cake (as you can see the ladies did an amazing job!) and some wine & cheese that the hotel sent up as a congratulations. It was so nice to have a night out. We felt as though we went on a trip somewhere far even though it was only a twenty minute drive.
One of the best parts? The king size bed! I don't get very much room in our own, especially with Jet always being cuddled up next to me. It was SO nice being able to spread out as much as I wanted.
And of course we shared a kiss or two, and cuddled up together to talk about the past year. It was a great night that I will always remember.

Join Sunday Citar here!

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Looks like a great night. And I think that stories like that are almost better than enjoying the actual wedding cake itself :) For ours, our cake had roses on it... well when it got packed up, no one took the roses off, and into the freezer it went. Needless to say, when we pulled it out of the freezer, it was SO GROSS. We couldn't even take a bite! Haha.

    But that's what makes it fun... we laughed. And I LOVE that Tim ran around to get another for you, what a sweet man!

    ~Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ours was surprisingly pretty good. Yea, he hadn't even been feeling well either so it made it all the sweeter. :-) I love him!

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary! It sounds like a perfect evening :) Great job Tim...way to rock it!

    ReplyDelete