Tuesday, July 24, 2012

PinTip: Swiffer!

   I've become addicted to Pinterest. I'm on it all of the time, looking at cleaning tips, crafts for kids, DIY, etc etc. A lot of times I will come across a pin and wonder if it actually works, I'm sure I'm not the only one that goes through that; so I thought I would share which ones work and which ones don't as I try them.

Last fall Tim and I moved into a new apartment, it has wood floors which of course I LOVE. However, every bit of dirt and fur shows up and looks ten times worse than it would on carpet. One of the first items we bought was a Swiffer. It worked great, I did/do however have to Swiffer every other day (ah the joys of having a dog) so naturally I would go through a lot of the Swiffer wipes and at $8.00 a box the money spent can add up fast.

One day on Pinterest I came across a pin that suggested making a reusable Swiffer cloth by crocheting. I happen to have pot holders that I never use so one day I just attached one to the Swiffer and it worked great!



As you can see (I know gross) it works just as well if not better than Swiffer wipes! It's a great money saver, and all I have to do when one is too dirty is switch it out with another one and wash it with other cleaning cloths or towels. I know we've easily saved over $20 over the past few months if not more! 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love Pinterest too!
    I've been doing the same with my swiffer. Definitely a money saver!

    ReplyDelete