Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chicken Cacciatore (crockpot)

My favorite recipe site is Skinnytaste. It has some very yummy recipes AND they're all healthy! She also lets you know how many calories meals are, WW points (both old and new), plus more! Most of the recipes I've tried have been very delicious. I've decided to start sharing recipes that I try off of the website (whether good or bad) as well as my own! I'll also rate them on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best).

The first recipe I want to share is one of Tim's and I's favorites from skinnytaste, Chicken Cacciatore.



I rate this one a 10 for it's yumminess and ease!
Prep time: 15 minutes or less
Cook time: (high) 4 hours, or (low) for 8 hours.


It's only 126.2 calories per serving, 3 pts old ww, and 4 pts new ww.

Below is the recipe. If you would prefer to go to the skinnytaste website for the recipe go here! If you try it let me know how you like it! That way I can change the rating if need be.

Ingredients:


  • 8 boneless & skinless chicken Thighs. 
  • 28 oz can crushed tomatoes 
  • 1/2 red bell pepper (cut into slices)
  • 1/2 green pepper (cut into slices)
  • 1/2 large onion
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 bay leaf (or 2-3 small ones)
  • salt and pepper 

First, put the chicken into the pot, add some salt and pepper on top.
Next, add the rest of the ingredients! After you've added the ingredients, put a little more salt and pepper on top.
Once you have all of your ingredients in the pot give it a stir.
Finally, turn your crockpot on and let it cook! Cook it for 4 hrs on low or 8 hrs on high


Enjoy!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe, how easy is that. LOVE IT! I'll let you know when we try it an dhow it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete