Saturday, September 22, 2012

DIY Hanging Pom



This pom is SO easy to make (though time consuming) and pretty cheap!

When my employer asked me to decorate their daughters room I was ecstatic! I had an idea of what I wanted to do but needed to figure out how to implement. So of course I began searching Pinterest and found this tutorial. It was exactly what I was looking for! Mine looks a little different from hers because I don't think I put my quite as close together as hers. Although I don't have it hanging yet, I'm planning on using turquoise ribbon to really make both colors pop.

Here's the how to, but you can also follow the link above for directions.

What you'll need:

  • Glue Gun
  • 6" paper lantern (bought on Amazon)
  • 1 yard of a light (I used a cotton) fabric (bought at Joannes)
  • Ribbon to hang the pom from. 
  • 3" circle template cut out of cardboard 


Directions: 

Step 1: Trace A LOT of circles using the cardboard template. After tracing, cut them out. 



Step Two: Fold the circle in half, put a small dab of glue on the bottom, in the center; then fold in half again. 

I know I really need to repaint my nails! :-/

Step 3: Put glue on the bottom and transfer to pom. Make sure to face the fabric different ways. You'll also want to make sure they are somewhat close together so you don't end up having some of the pom showing. 

Step 4: Completely cover the pom, hang from ribbon and your done! 



Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!!!! I want one... but looks like it takes alot of work lol. I can't wait to see this room!!! LOoks like you have alot of good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good!!! Great job! And I can't wait to see the room as it comes along :)

    ~Tabitha

    ReplyDelete