Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Not Just Accessories

A
(All rights reserved by Relish Studios)

Instead of having just any old accessories that I could have bought at Davids Bridal or some other Bridal shop all of my accessories had some sort of meaning. 
See the pearl necklace I'm wearing? That was the necklace that Tim's grandmother wore on her wedding day. 
The ring on my pinky? Tim's dad gave it to his mom on their wedding day. 
It meant so much to me to have both the necklace and the ring. 
The bracelet wasn't a gift from anyone but it still meant something to me. I made it! 

I took my bridesmaids to a store called Beadin Mon. It's a great little shop where you can design your own jewelry and have it made, they also have great prices. So my idea was to let each of my bridesmaids design their own jewelry, that way it would be something that they would obviously love and want to wear/use again and it would be meaningful. And as a little surprise I made my flowergirl a necklace. 


I also thought it would be a cute idea to have shirts for the wedding day while we were getting ready so I picked up the supplies and my Matron of Honor , Crystal made them (she's better at that kind of stuff than me). Mine as you can obviously see says bride, Crystals says Matron of Honor, and then of course on the two other girls it said bridesmaids. I think they enjoyed the gifts I picked out. 

Last but not least my shoes!

Because everything about the wedding was all about simple and elegant I wanted to do something just a little more different and fun with my shoes. So, I found these at Bakers! They were exactly what I was looking for, they were my cinderella shoes but also with a little bit of fun! 
My bridesmaids also bought their shoes at Bakers and they too fit in perfectly! 


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Girl... loved your accessories... and LOVE you!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the accessories! Pearls are so classy and beautiful. And the shoes are amazing! My feet are jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah buddy! Having those peices of jewelry be a part of your big day is something special, and I've already worn my necklace and bracelet again! Oh yeah.... My legs look so tan in that foot picture, lol

    ReplyDelete