Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sunday Citar: A Dog Tail












 "Saving just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog." - Richard C. Call

Meet the newest member of our family, Jet! A couple found this cutie wandering around outside. They posted an ad on Craigslist saying they needed to find a home for him. They were in the middle of a move and already had a dog so they decided not to keep him. So I called to ask them some questions about him, one of them being how much do they want for him? The answer? NOTHING. He was absolutely free. 
So I waited patiently until Tim got home and then showed him pictures of him online. Told him all the info the couple told me about the cute pup. So after patiently but, very anxiously waiting for Tim's answer he finally said YES! We could get him!
After I got the okay, I called the couple and arranged to meet the little stranger. We would drive to their house the following day after Tim got out of work.

So finally the time came to pick Tim up from work and go to their house. I was practically bouncing up and down in my seat the whole way there, trying not to ask Tim too if we were almost there, or about how close we were. 

Finally we arrive, each second that past from Tim coming around to open my passenger door, to walking up the steps to the house felt like minutes. After a short second of waiting we walk in and meet the timid little guy. The poor thing was obviously underweight. You could see his ribs very clearly, as well as his hip bones. You could also tell that as nice as the couple was, they hadn't given him a bath since taking him in. He was filthy to say the least. 
I bend down to greet him, giving him some love. As we got to talking to the foster mom I stood back up and Bosley (as he was currently named) stood up on his hind legs and put his two front paws on me wanting some more attention. Which of course I loved, and in my excitement stated "He already loves me!" 

After a few more minutes of chatting we were on our way out the door with the new member of our family in my arms. After a quick stop at Petsmart to pick up some flea shampoo, toys, a leash, food, etc we brought him into his new home.
 I immediately gave him a bath to wash off all of the dirt, and get rid of the fleas. The poor thing was covered in them. He took it all with a great amount of patience, even though you could tell he was not thrilled to be taking a bath. But after we rinsed him, and then dried him off he was running around with excitement. He was obviously very happy to be clean for the first time in who knows how long, and itch free. 

After much deliberation Tim decided to name him Jet. After all the excitement wore us down we all climbed into bed, with Jet cuddling in next to me and went to sleep. A couple days later we took him to the Vet to have all of his shots, and to see if they could estimate how old he was. The couple we took him from guessed he was about five which was older than what we previously wanted but we settled. The Vet however has estimated that he is only about two! 

So that is the story of Jets homecoming. I am going to post more about him and his personality in a day or two (I figure this post is long enough). 

Photobucket



1 comment:

  1. I love that story, i can't believe you found the exact dog you wanted, FOR FREE. and his personality fits into your family so well. This is a great shot of him. It would look awesome in black and white too. You need to have tim get your photoshop! :P

    ReplyDelete